Every landlord aspires to find the ideal tenant – who pays rent on time, does not neglect or misuse the property, does not create unnecessary conflicts, and above all, lets you remain in peace about the security of your property.
A myriad of factors needs to be scrutinized before you rent your property. The process of acquiring a helps you reach a conclusion about your prospective tenant’s eligibility to dwell on your property. If an important process such as a tenant verification service is overlooked, the consequence of renting your property to a dubious tenant can be disastrous.
How can a tenant verification service help you find reliable tenants?
- A tenant screening report helps to collate and collect a wide range of information about the tenant’s history and background, letting you be the better judge about their credibility and trustworthiness.
- A tenant verification service helps you get the required information fast, helping to eliminate a ton of paperwork and extra steps, which slows down the overall process. As a result, you are in a better position to take your decision and weed out the ones that do not suit your criteria.
- A tenant screening report also includes a credit report that is acquired through credit analysis of the prospective tenant. It helps give you information about tenant’s loan history, their spending habits, and their ability to pay debt obligations on time. The better the credit score, the better the chances are that the tenant will be able to pay their rent in a timely manner.
- It helps you discover if a potential tenant has a background of a sex offence, financial crime, violence, property destruction, or any other serious criminal charges. You can receive information about prison sentence, a felony, or incarceration records associated with the prospective renter, letting you make an informed decision.
- A tenant verification service also includes extensive eviction history information to provide a leading indicator about their future behaviour. Learning about past records can help you reduce the likelihood of eviction, and thus help to curb the cost associated with resident damage, lost rent, vacancy, and lengthy court trials.
- It helps you to search terrorist database to identify any terrorist or fugitives, so you do not make any erroneous judgement.
- With a tenant verification service, you can search nationwide databases to collect information for offence of murder, kidnapping, violence against children, white collar offence, and checking the most wanted list to ensure that your tenant is trustworthy and reliable.
- It is illegal to discriminate any applicant on the basis of marital status, race or religion, family status, sex, nationality, birthplace, age, or disability as the rules laid down by federal housing law. A tenant verification service can help you base your decision on facts and evidence when you choose to refuse any applicant.
Screening application beforehand with the help of a reputed tenant verification service firm helps you make an informed decision about renting your property and prevents you from making a mistake. A tenant screening report empowers your decision and helps you find reliable tenants, so you can rent your property without any anxiety or stress.